Our 30″ Flip Up Safety Rails feature an automatic locking system that enables the user to lock the rail in the raised position.
- Heavy duty type 304 Stainless Steel
- 18 gauge tubing (.049)
- Flanges are 3″ diameter 16 gauge (.065)
- Grab bars are either 1-1/4″ diameter or 1-1/2″ diameter
- 1-1/2″ wall clearance to meet ADA and ANSI Codes
- SNAP on Concealed Flange Covers 24 gauge (.024)
- Meets ADA requirements when installed correctly
Due to the physiology of aging and changes in muscle strength and joint range of motion, older adults and particularly those who are frail or have a disability, use different biomechanical compensatory strategies to effectively transfer in and out of a bed or chair. Generally when there is a loss of core muscle strength, those with frailty or disability will use more arm and upper body strength to transfer into or out of a bed or chair. The Allen Pole allows for the additional use of arm and back muscles to assist in leveraging and controlling momentum with the pivot, push/pull sequence of movements.